Baby M turned 6 months couple months ago and I decided to make a fondant chocolate cake to celebrate with my family. It was my first attempt to make a fondant cake. The decorations can be improved but the chocolate cake turned out very yummy. The cake was very rich but not too sweet. You can already smell the rich chocolate flavor as soon as you cut the cake. I have used Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake recipe. Everyone loved it!
What You Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 – 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup coca
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans. 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
“Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting