Tis the season of spreading holiday cheer and who says that our little canine friends can’t be a part of it. Gobi and Tika are my “little bears” as I like to call them. You will see them from time to time on my posts.
What You Need:
- 1″ wide ribbons (length would depend on the size of your pup’s neck and add 5″ to the total length)
- 3/4″ wide ribbon – 1 meter long (length would depend on the size of your pup’s neck and add 5″ to the total length)
- embellishments to add to ribbon (I purchased small fuzz balls and bells)
- 1 needle
- fabric glue
- black colored string to sew the embellishments
What To Do:
1. Purchase 1 inch wide ribbons as your base color and 3/4 inch ribbons to be your second layering ribbon. You can find ribbons in one of the stalls along Pottinger Street here in Hong Kong.
2. Purchase small fuzzy balls and bells from your local arts / crafts store (I purchased mine from Causeway Bay’s Jardine’s Bazaar).
3. Measure the circumference of your pup’s neck, leave 5 inches of extra ribbon on both ends to create the ribbon for pup’s frontal view.
4. Using strong fabric glue, center the second ribbon on top of the base ribbon. Let dry for 2 hours.
5. Sew the small fuzzy balls and bells with a thin thread onto ribbon equally apart and you can alternate the fuzzy balls and bells to change up the look if you like.
6. With the extra ribbon, tie a large bow on the front side of your pup (as seen on Tika!)