Japanese Washi tape is my go-to emergency kit when I need to wrap a gift, make a card / gift or decorate a scrapbook page. It’s come super handy on several occasions – this one included.
I recently found some great patterns. I love playing with different patterns and colors, mixing and matching my way through.
What You Need:
- 2 rolls of patterned Washi Tape
- A pack of multi-colored buttons
- Super Glue
- 4″x6″ Plain Paper Cardboard Frame
What To Do:
1. Tape the outer edges of the frame with 2 different patterns of Washi tape as seen below, leaving a bit of extra tape at the ends. In order to cut the edges in a clean manner, use an X-acto knife and carefully slice the edges off in a straight line.
2. Once I taped 2 strips of Washi tape on each side of the frame, I noticed I had an extra 1/2 cm border outside the photo frame.
3. I took that opportunity to use my buttons to add a bit of flair to the project and glued rows of bottons along the 4 edges of the frame to cover the extra 1/2 cm border.
4. I added a blue ribbon with a handmade button as an extra touch.
5. Finally add the invite of your choice into the frame and there you have it – a great table center piece for your party!
Voila – all done!