Before my baby came along, my husband and I used to have wine dinner gatherings at my place pretty regularly. I have always been on a lookout for cute and unique wine charms, but honestly the selection in Hong Kong has so far been rather disappointing. Wine charms are essential to any dinner parties in my opinion, so this week I’d like to share with you how to make simple chic personalized wine charms using wine corks. I hope you and your guests will like them!
What You Need:
- 2 wine corks (can make 8-10)
- ring screw nails
What To Do:
1. Gather your materials. I picked up the ring screw nails from our neighborhood hardware store. I have chosen gold colored ones here, plus gold ribbons, because I think gold color goes beautifully with the color of champagne, white wine, rose, and red wine. You can easily customize your ribbon choice according to your party theme.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice your wine cork. I split one cork into five pieces.
3. Screw in your ring screw nail. You can totally do it with your bare hands easily.
4. Using a marker, personalize your charm. You can do this in advance of your dinner party, or you can actually let your guests do this themselves!
5. Loop a piece of ribbon through the ring. It’s up to you how long you want your ribbon to be. Mine is pretty short, just long enough to do one knot around the stem of my wine glass.
6. Tie the charm around the stem of your wine glass. Cheers!