Valentine’s Day is almost here and I was trying to think of something meaningful to do this year. In my view, the act of receiving love is just as important as spreading the love.
This year I’ve made LOVE BOXES to give to under-privileged children.
What You Need:
- Shoe Box
- Bar of Soap
- Toothpaste and tooth brush
- Educational supplies (pencils, coloring pencils, ruler etc.)
- Stickers or a small toy
- Packaged sweets (avoid chocolate which may potentially melt in warm climates)
What To Do:
1. Find an empty shoes box.
2. Decorate the box or if you’re pressed for time, you can buy a roll of decorative wrapping paper and wrap the outside of the box (avoid wrapping the lid).
3. Fill the box with NEW!, age-appropriate items that are meaningful (above is only a sample list for your reference):
4. Once you’ve packed the box, send/bring it to your favorite children’s charity as your way of spreading the love this Valentine’s Day!
Note: This is a great project to do with your children to get them involved in sharing the love with those less fortunate than themselves! 🙂