Two of my girlfriends had their baby showers, and I was tasked with picking out the gifts. Aside from putting together a gift hamper, I also put together a diaper carriage for each of them, one in blue and the other one in pink. Below are some of the ‘ingredients’ I used to put together the carriages:
What You Need:
- 2 bags of diapers
- 4 flowers
- 2 cylinder tubes (from paper towels)
- 2 bibs
- 1 blanket
- 3 receiving blankets
- ribbons in different width
- rubber bands
- elastic bands
- 1 cardboard
- tissue papers
What To Do:
1) For each wheel, roll up 5 – 7 diapers, depending on the size of the carriage. Tie a rubber band around each wheel to hold the diapers and put a ribbon around the rubber band. Repeat this 4 times.
2) Wrap each tube with tissue paper (I used some polka dot cloth to wrap each tube of the pink carriage and blue tissue paper for the blue carriage).
3) Place the wheels onto each end of the cylinder tubes. You will then have two ‘axels’ that look like dumbbells.
4) Use around 40 diapers (again depends on the size of the carriage you want) to form the base. Secure it with an elastic band. Wrap it with a receiving blanket. Use some ribbons to hold the receiving blanket in place.
5) Use the rest of the diapers to form the small pillow on top of the base. Wrap it with a receiving blanket and use ribbons to hold the blanket in place.
6) Place the pillow at one end of the base, insert the opening part of the bib in between and secure the two parts with ribbons.
7) Place the base and the pillow on the wheels and secure it with ribbons.
8) Wrap the blanket around the base.
9) Place another bib at the back of the carriage and a receiving blanket around the top of the pillow.
10) Secure with a thick ribbon and tie a bow at the back of the carriage.
11) Place a flower over the side of each wheel.
12) Place the carriage on a matching piece of cardboard.