Easter is just around the corner and I rarely do anything for this occasion. This year, I have put together something that is super easy and fun to make. Instead of making Easter cookies, I’ve made some rice krispies easter eggs with hidden surprise inside! This cute snack is so much fun to make with your kids in springtime.
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 5 cups of rice krispies cereal
- 4 cups of small marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Candy Melts
- Color sprinkles
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies cereal.
- Coat the egg shape mold in non-stick cooking spray and stuff them with warm rice krispies.
- Use your finger to make a small dent in the center of the egg and fill in any surprise you want. I have used M&Ms here.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt the candy melts as instructed on the package. I have used Wilton candy melts here. It allows me to have better control over the consistency of the candy melts when I melt them. Make sure not to overheat them otherwise they will harden and turn into lumps.
- Dip the eggs into the melt and decorate them in any color sprinkles you like.
Happy Easter everyone! Hope you like this simple, cute and fun recipe!