I love crepes and have always wanted to indulge myself with a stack of them, which I finally did this past weekend. For a brunch dessert, I made a stack of mini crepes. Each layer of crepe is filled with apple cinnamon as well as whipped cream. You can also add a scoop of ice cream to make it a la mode.
What You Need:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Whipped cream
For Apple Filing
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (you may need more if the apple is sour)
- 2 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.Stir in apple, cinnamon powder and brown sugar. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the sugar and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over low heat (I have used one of those small egg pan, it’s perfect size for a mini crepe cake). Scoop the batter onto the pan, tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 1 minute, until the bottom is light brown. Turn and cook the other side. Be sure not to overcook them as it will harden and become crispy.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you have used all the batter. I have made 18 mini pancakes with the batter.
- Set aside to let the crepes cool.
- Stack the crepes together and in between each layer, add whipped cream and the apple filling.