Mother’s Day is coming up and I wanted to make something extra-special for my mother. She has a great sense of style and loves to wear collared shirts with skinny jeans. So I decided to make something that she could relate to – a collared shirt but with my additional touch of vintage-chic.
What You Need:
- Patterned Paper (8.25″ x 9″)
- Flat Sided beads for the collar of your shirt card
- Flat Sided beads for to use as buttons for your shirt card
- Non-toxic, Acid-free glue stick
- Paper Corner-rounder punch
What To Do:
1. Prepare all your materials on a flat surface.
2. Fold your paper in half so that the shorter side of the edge is facing you. Make a cut 2.25″ in length from the top right side of the shirt card with the open edges at the bottom. You will then take these flaps that you have cut and fold them inwards to make the collar of your shirt. Glue down these flaps using your non-toxic glue stick.
3. Using a rounded-corner punch, punch the top edge of the collar to give your shirt a more vintage and feminine look.
4. Using your tweezers, carefully glue your flat-sided beads onto the collar of your shirt. The beads will look best if glued in a uniform manner. Start along the edges and make your way in.
5. Finally, stamp your message inside the card or hand write your personal message.
6. Once you have completed both collars, add the buttons down the middle of the shirt but gluing different colored flat-beads similar to photo.
Voila! Your mother’s card is ready!