I love healthy milkshakes – especially love strawberry milkshakes. I was recently inspired to make small shooter milkshakes for my girlfriends’ kids who came over to bake cookies. These are quick and easy and look great for parties and baby showers when you’re planning to entertain a larger group of people.
What You Need:
- 4 shot glasses
- Assorted colored sprinkles
- Striped straws
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Pack of small marshmallows
What To Do:
1. To make your milkshake, blend together your strawberries, honey, vanilla extract and milk. Should you want to use soy milk as a substitute, please do.
2. To rim your glasses, you can either use chocolate chips or honey. I chose to use honey as a healthier option.
3. When you rim your glasses with honey, make sure that it’s not too thick or else the honey will run down the sides of the glass.
4. Once you’ve rimmed your glass with honey, dip and cover with sprinkles and pop them into the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will prevent the honey from running down the glass. If you’re using chocolate, the chocolate will harden and solidify your sprinkles along the rim.
5. Once you’ve dipped your glass into the sprinkles, you can gently use a butter knife to flatten the clumps if any, that accumulate along the edges.
6. Carefully pour in your milkshake without filling the entire glass. Note: if you fill to the very top of the glass, the coloring from the sprinkles will leak into your milkshake and not look as nice. Top your glasses with a few marshmallows and add your striped straws and there you have it!