I have a healthy but addictive habit of always wanting to re-organize my drawers, closet and kitchen cupboards.. it’s what I do believe it or not – to de-stress! Given the gloomy weather today, I decided to take some time to focus on reorganizing all my hair barrets. Over the weekend, we went to Sham Shui Po and sourced some great ribbons which is pretty much all you need for this project. It’s simple and easy and anyone really can put together this barret holder in around 20 min.
What You Need:
- 1 yard of a pretty patterned ribbon of your choice
- 6 inches of 1/2cm thick ribbon
- 1 large flower embellishment
- Textile glue
What To Do:
1. Gather all your materials on a flat surface. The length of your barret holder will really depend on how many barrets you have at home. I used 1 yard worth of ribbon and still had some left over to add on barrets that I buy in the future
2. Fold your ribbon in half so that the folded half is on top. Take your thin 6in long ribbon and loop into the fold and tie a knot under the ribbon so it’s hidden. This will be your hanging fixture. Glue your ribbon halves together to form 1 long piece.
3. Glue your flower embellishment at the top of your ribbon leaving enough room at top for you to hang your barret holder on your wall.
4. Let sit for about 10-15 min to dry.
5. Take your bowl of barrets and you can organize by color, type or size – whichever way is easiest for you and pin / clip away.
6. Your end product is a simple barret holder to keep your barrets in full sight in an organized manner.