What I love most about planning parties and helping friends plan their weddings is coming up with the party favors! I enjoy the process of customizing a gift for guests that is meaningful to the host / wedding couple. With my amazing Sizzix machine and a nice pillow template, putting together these owl candy favor boxes was a piece of cake and the best part of it all is that they make a once ordinary party into a fun-filled one. You can stuff these pillow boxes with candy, a menu of your choice for your dinner party, or even a small toy for your kids’ birthday party. Hoot Hoot to these owl party favor boxes!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
What You Need:
- 1 1/4″ circle craft punch (for eyes)
- 3/4″ circle craft punch (for eyes)
- 1″ x 1 1/2″ oval craft punch (for wings)
- Heart shaped punch (for nose and feet)
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut Machine
- Sizzix Pillow Box Die Cut
- Sizzix 1 1/4″ circle framelit (or you can substitute with a 1 1/4″ circle craft punch as well)
- Scrapbook patterned paper
- Double Sided Tape
What To Do:
1. Prepare all your materials ahead of time. Ensure that you have the right size craft punches for this project. As for paper, I chose solid color background for the pillow box and used patterned paper for the “feathers.”
2. Using your Big Shot machine, die cut out the pillow box template using the pillow box die cut and do the same with your 1 1/4″ circle framelit.
3. Using your various craft punches, put out the following:
- With 3/4″ circle punch – punch out 2 black circles for the eyes
- With 1 1/4″ circle framlit – using Big Shot machine, die cut out the white part of the eyes.
- With 3/4″ circle punch – punch out 11 patterned circles for the feathers
- With the heart punch – punch out 2 hearts in yellow paper to be used as the nose and mouth
4. Adhere the pillow box together with the double sided tape.
5. Start from bottom up and adhere the owl’s feet first onto the pillow box but turning the heart upside down. Using your double sided tape dispense, roll a piece of tape right above the owl’s feet and stick on 4 of the patterned circles side by side.
6. Add the rest of the feathers with 2nd row having 3 circles, and 3rd row up having 4 circles. Adhere on the last yellow heart which will be the owl’s nose. Add the 2 eyes on as you wish. the wings will go on last. You adhere them to the back of the box and in whatever fashion you like. The arms can be facing up, down or even on the side.
There you are – Your owl party favor box is ready to be filled with lots of candy and goodies!