Trying to come up with a fun activity to do with your kids this weekend? Here is one for you – make your own puppet show! If your little one is not old enough to handle the drawing and cutting yet, then you can prepare everything ahead of time and have fun with the coloring together. Of course, circus show is only one idea – you can turn anything into a puppet show. Under the sea, animal kingdom, Disney characters, prince and princess, fairy tale stories, Thomas the train…possibilities are endless. Just let your creativity take a lead!
What You Need:
- Plain paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Black marker
- Colored markers
- Popsicle sticks
- Double-sided tape
What To Do:
1. Have your materials all ready to go. I used half of a white A4 paper here as the base. Of course you may wish to use thicker paper to make more durable puppets.
2. I used a pencil to draft out my circus character puppets before re-doing them using a black marker.
3. Color in your puppets, I have used markers here. This can be the part to do with your little one!
4. Cut out your puppets.
5. I used double-sided tape to tape each character to the front of my popsicle stick.
6. Voila! Use your imagination to create a puppet theater for your cute little circus friends and stage your perfect Circus Show!