In my upcoming posts, I will be featuring a series of ladybug items that I prepared for my little lady’s birthday party. Before we get into what I prepared for the party, let’s take one step back and take a look at the ladybug invitation that I put together. If you are not inviting a lot of people, it can be more economical and fun to design your own card.
What You Need:
- Red paper
- Black paper (slightly thicker)
- White paper
- Compass (or any round shape object)
- Cardboard paper for tracing
- Green color pencil
- Green envelopes
- Googly eyes (optional)
What To Do:
- Draw a circle on a piece of thin cardboard for the body of the ladybug(We will use it to trace the rest of the ladybug later). Draw another one and slightly elongate one end of the circle for the wings of the ladybug.
- Fold the bigger circle in half and cut a small triangle on the elongated side.
- Draw a semi-circle on the thin cardboard for the head of the ladybug.
- Tape the head and the body of the ladybug together.
- Use it to trace on a black cardboard. Trace the elongated circle on a red cardboard. Repeat this step for a desired number of invitations. Print text of your invite in a circle onto piece of paper.
- Cut out the circle with the text.
- Stick it to the black cardboard.
- Flip over the cardboard ad stick the wings onto the black cardboard.
- Cut out a few smaller circles (in two sizes) from your black cardboard and stick them on the wing.
- Get some green envelopes and use color pencil to draw a leaf on the envelope.
If you want to add a bit more fun to your invitation, you can also add a pair of googly eyes like what I have done below.