In my previous post, I put together a ladybug cookie tutorial. It is great for kids parties. If you are throwing a ladybug theme party, you might want to mix the design up a bit to add a bit more fun to your dessert table. Here is another ladybug cookie design I made for my daughter’s first birthday.
Decorating Your Little Ladybug Cookie
What You Need:
- Royal icing (I’ve used Wilton’s recipe for royal icing recipe)
- Food coloring (green, red and black)
- #2 tip
- piping bag
What To Do
- Prepare a batch of leaf shape cookies. Outline the cookies in green and flood the entire cookie in green. Set aside and let it dry overnight. Use a #2 tip to draw veins on the leaf. Let it dry.
- Draw a small red dot with a #2 tip. Set aside and let it dry for an hour.
- Draw a smaller black dot right with a #2 tip right next to the red dot. Set aside and let it dry for another hour.
- Use a toothpick and draw a few small black dots on the body of the bug.