Other than the ladybug cookies, I also prepared some ladybug cupcakes for the party. Instead of making the entire cupcake a ladybug, I wanted to add a bit of color to the cupcakes. I added a leaf on the cupcake to complement the ladybug.
What You Need:
- Coloring (green, red and black)
- Round Scalloped Cookie Cutter
- Leaf Cookie Cutter
What To Do:
Putting together the base of the cupcake is pretty much self-explanatory. I used a round scalloped cookie cutter to cut out a white base then a leaf cookie cutter to cut out a leaf. This is what I did for the ladybug:
- Roll two small balls with the black fondant. One slightly bigger than the other. The smaller ball as the ladybug head and the bigger one as the body.
- Stick the two pieces together. You may want to use some water to adhere them together.
- Cut out a red circle that is slightly bigger than the body of the ladybug and cut a slit on the circle.
- Adhere the red fondant onto the body of the ladybug with a bit of water. Roll a few small black balls (similar to the size of a sesame) and use a toothpick to help adhering it on the red fondant. I added 5 black dots on my ladybugs. Once you’ve added all the dots, you are done! Place the ladybug on the leaf.