My husband and I both love crab cakes. They are great to be served as an appetizer and hors d’oeuvres at parties. A lot of recipes use mustard as one of the ingredients. However, I am not a big mustard fan so this recipe doesn’t require any mustard.
What You Need:
- 1 can (140 grams) Crab meat (you can use fresh crab meat if you have time to unshell the crab meat)
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers (I was unable to find any plain Ritz crackers, cheese filled Ritz crackers work just fine).
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
What To Do:
- Prepare your ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and oil.
- Dust your hands with flour. Shape the mixture into patties and dust with flour (If you make these as hors d’oeuvres, shape the mixture into smaller balls instead).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and fry until browned. Flip the crab cakes over and fry on the other side until golden brown.