I have been seeing quite a few onesie bouquets for sale at various baby shops lately. They are really pretty but for sure they are overpriced. So I thought why not give it a try myself? I had a perfect opportunity to give it a try as my friend just had a baby shower recently. She’s expecting a baby boy so I made a Tiffany blue bouquet for her and she loved it 🙂
What You Need:
- 1 receiving blanket
- 6 hankerchiefs
- 6 onesies
- 10 Green wires
- 1 box
- Fake leaves
- Rubber Bands
What To do:
1. Fold both sleeves of the onesie towards the center and roll it up.
2. Roll up all the handkerchiefs and the receiving blanket.
3. Tie a rubber band around each of the roll ups to hold them in place.
4. Prepare a few sheets of tissue papers. Lay each sheet neatly one on top of the other and fold the combined sheets of tissue paper accordion style, making sure each fold is about 1.5cm wide. Fold the sheets in half, end to end.
5. Tie a green wire at where the fold is.
6. Cut the corners of the tissue papers.
7. Fan out the tissue paper so that no sheets are stuck together.
8. Staple the tissue near the stalk to hold the petals in place.
9. Place the rolled handkerchiefs and tissue flowers around the receiving blanket to form a bouquet. Use a rubber band to hold them in place.
10. Place tissue papers around the edges of the box and place the bouquet in the center of the box.
11. Insert the remaining onesies and tissue flowers to complete the bouquet.
12. Insert leaves in between the flowers and along the edges of the box and tie a ribbon around the box.