For my son’s 100 days birthday celebration, our family has organized a family dinner gathering to celebrate. I actually didn’t start off by having a party theme in mind – I twisted the order around and brainstormed on the party favor first this time. I wanted to prepare a party favor that was special, meaningful, and at the same time suitable for all ages (from grandparents to parents, uncles and aunts to cousins). Do you like what I ended up coming up with? A colorful handmade card with 3D paper bubbles, with a space reserved for a mini instant photo to be taken at the event, and a Thank You message inside. The theme then emerged naturally – “My Colorful Life”. What a true blessing to my baby if he can live a life that bursts with colors!
What You Need:
- 1/2 A4 card stock
- colorful paper
- circle punch
- washi tape
- glue stick
- colorful markers
- doube-sided tape (at the event)
- instant camera (at the event)
What To Do:
1. Have your materials ready. I used A4 textured paper as my base so I precut my paper in half.
2. Stack your colorful paper together and punch out circles. I used standard weight plain colored paper for this and didn’t go for something extra heavy or textured. I have used two different sized punches (3/4″ and 1.5″) to give my card a better visual.
3. Fold your circles in half.
4. Glue 3 circles together as shown above to create your 3D balloons.
5. I used washi tape (Christina’s favorite!) to create a colorful border for my card stock.
6. The final step is to assemble your card – write down your personalized message and glue on your 3D balloons.
May your life burst with colors too!