Speaking of recycling waste products, this tutorial is going to show you a cute idea using unwanted egg shells and toilet rolls. Chicken and egg, perhaps you may decide to give this a try and then have an omelette for lunch. In fact, this is a perfect decoration for Easter gatherings – but I don’t want to wait until Easter to share this with you all!
What You Need:
- Tealight candle
- Toilet paper roll
- Food coloring
- Paint brush
- Washi tape
What To Do:
1. Prepare your materials. Regular eggs will do, but notice that white eggs would give your final product a different look and feel from the brown eggs that I used here. I used food coloring here, but regular paint or markers would work just fine as well.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop off a portion of your toilet paper roll for use as your holder. For each egg, you will need a holder to prop up your egg as you let the paint dry and a holder to hold your final product. Use your pair of scissors to trim any crockedness.
3. Crack your egg, remove the content and wash the shell with water. Do this part gradually as you’d need the opening to be just big enough for your tealight candle.
4. Paint your egg with food coloring – or make any cute designs using markers.
5. Wrap your toilet paper roll with washi tape.
6. Once the paint is dried, you can assemble your egg shell candle and toilet paper roll holder!