Preparing your nursery can be a fun or daunting task depending on how you look at it. I happen to find decorating the nursery a really fun project, from choosing a color scheme for the room, to picking out decor and your crib. It’s a project in the making for me and being at the halfway point, I’m taking my time selecting meaningful decor while keeping the room tidy and simple.
While shopping in Causewaybay yesterday, I came across these wonderful alphabet blocks and right away, I wanted to create a one-of-a-kind alphabet block to decorate the nursery. It’s simple and easy and honestly if you use the color scheme of the room, it’s a great accent piece to add to your bookshelf.
What You Need:
- Scrapbook paper
- Crafter’s X-acto Knife
- Embellishments (I used plastic bumble bees)
- Crafter’s Glue
- Wooden Alphabet Blocks
What To Do:
1. Prepare all your materials
2. Place your Wooden Block letters on your scrapbook paper and carefully outline and carve out the letters with your X-acto knife with as much precision as possible.
3. Continue tracing and carving out the letters until you’ve completed them all.
4. Ensure that the letter sizes match the block when placed on top of the blocks.
5. Using your glue, secure the stencil that you’ve made and glue the paper letter onto the wooden block. Let dry for a few minutes
6. Glue your bumble bee embellishments onto various corners of your letters to add a touch of your nursery feel to the room.
And there you are!