We recently put together a construction themed birthday party for a little boy – Jeremy. His mommy also ordered a tractor birthday cake for him. This was not just a regular cake. We added a little surprise for the birthday boy and everyone else – the tractor was made out of rice krispies and this was how we did it!
What You Need:
- 4 cups of small Marshmallows
- 1 box of rice krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Fondant (green, yellow, grey, black)
- Crisco (optional – you can use it to soften your fondant)
What To Do:
1. Prepare the rice krispies (recipe here) and shape them into two blocks as the body of the tractor and 4 cylinders as the tyres.
2. Cover each block with green fondant.
3. Cut out a grey square fondant and attach it onto the front of the bigger block.
4. Cut out two small yellow circles and attach it on the top corners of the grey square.
5. Cut out four grey rectangle and attach it to each sides (except top and bottom) of the smaller block as windows.
6. Attach the two blocks with water. Cut out four black stripes and attach them to each corner of the block. Prepare a longer stripe and wrap it around the bottom of the block.
7. Cut out a slightly thicker green square fondant that is slightly bigger than the top of the smaller block and attach it on to of the smaller block.
8. Use a knife to lightly draw a line down the center of the front window. Create two black and two white circles and stick them on to the windows.
9. Cut out another green fondant as the hood of the tractor.
10. Cover the four cylinders with black fondant and use a cutter to make slits on the tires. Cut out a round yellow fondant and stick it on the side of each tyre.