Oreo has got to be one of the most well-known cookies in the world. That perfectly balanced combination cream filling sandwiched between two crumbly chocolate biscuits is hard to resist! Oreos are versatile – you’d find them in McFlurry, milkshake, and as an icecream topping. They also come in “special edition” flavors – green tea, strawberries, lemon, orange, just to name a few. I don’t know about you, but my personal favorite is still the classic chocolate Oreo with white cream filling. As good as they taste though, they do look pretty boring, don’t you think? To help this popular snack make it to the party table, what about giving them a little facelift? Here is an idea for you:
What You Need:
- Decorating Icing
- Toothpick & Chopstick, or Piping Bag & tip
What To Do:
1. Pick up some Oreos – if you want to go all out, you should totally get the Double-Decker Oreos! Depending on the theme of your party or what type of gift this is, select sprinkles that suit the occasion. You’d also need some toothpicks or a chopstick to help you with spreading your icing nicely – unless you are already using a piping bag and tip.
2. Spread your icing around the Oreo. If you are doing small sprinkles (“hundreds and thousands” type of sprinkles), then you can actually just leave your icing pretty much unpolished, as shown in the diagram above.
3. If you are using edible beads, such as the silver ones that I have used, then I’d recommend using a piece of toothpick or chopstick to smooth out your icing.
4. Dip and stack away! Another beautiful way to present them is to stack the cookies horizontally across a long display plate – if you have one at home.