Our dear Shirley organized a Halloween Party for babies and toddlers last weekend, and of course I had to prepare something special for my little peanut to wear to his first Halloween Party. My husband and I love Japanese food. How cute would it be to dress our baby up as a juicy piece of tamago sushi! This outfit is perfect for him because he is right now at his all fours stage, contentedly dragging and wriggling around on his tummy. The only thing about this outfit is that the felt “pillow” that’s strapped on to his back warms him up pretty easily, so as adorable as your baby will be in this awesome outfit, watch out and don’t keep it on for too long if he/she starts sweating! The beauty of this outfit is that it can easily be assembled and dissembled whenever and wherever you want, and you can re-use the white onesie afterwards.
What You Need:
- Felt sheets in yellow, black and green
- Cotton stuffing
- Fabric glue
- White onesie
- Velcro tape
What To Do:
1. Prepare your materials. Depending on how big your baby is, buy your felt sheets accordingly. You may also wish to do other “toppings” instead, such as tuna or salmon, in which case you should get other colored felt. You’d need more velcro sheet than is shown here.
2. Cut your yellow felt into a rectangle. Measure it to the size that you want, fold in both sides to form a tube and glue. On both open ends, outline and then cut as shown.
3. Use fabric glue to seal one open end as shown.
4. Stuff with stuffing cotton, and seal the other end.
5. Cut out a long piece of black felt to make your “seaweed”. Place your velcro stickers so that this piece can be wrapped around as a belt later on.
6. Cut out two pieces of green felt to make your “garnish”. Place both sides of your velcro stickers.
7. That’s it, all you need to do is to get your baby in his onesie, and assemble him up at the party. I waited until we arrived at the party to stick on the garnish as well because my baby loves pulling everything at this stage, probably not the best idea to have pieces that sticks out of his own onesie!