Although strawberries are not quite in season yet, I have been craving them for some reason. This inspired me to put together a strawberry fondant topper for cupcakes. Below is a simple tutorial on how to make them. These strawberries are great to create a simple gardening themed cake. Let’s get ready for the upcoming strawberry season!
What You Need:
- Fondant (red, white and green)
- Round Scalloped cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Pointy tool
What To Do:
1. Cut a piece of white fondant with a round scalloped cookie cutter. Place fondant on cupcake.
2. Take a small piece of red fondant and shape it into a strawberry that has been sliced in half.
3. Use a fondant tool and gently poke holes on the surface of the red fondant.
4. Roll out the green fondant and cut a few pieces of leaves. Stick the leaves at the top of the strawberry.