I recently went to Osaka with the little bubba. Japan is like the paradise for D.I.Y. lovers, i.e. moi! They have such a wide selection of arts and crafts supplies. Didn’t have much time to shop for myself this time around, but still managed to pick up some easy materials to make several Japan-inspired 3D gift tags for my friends. Take a look at what I’ve done here.
What You Need:
- Crafts Scissors (optional)
- Washi Tape
- Form Doube-sided Sticker Tape
What To Do:
1. All the materials that I used for this tutorial, with the exception of the marker and regular scissors, were picked up in Japan, but you should be able to find pretty much the same products right here in Hong Kong! I was making three tags this time for three pairs of socks that I bought as souvenirs for my friends.
2. Using my pair of craft scissors, I cut out three cream colored rectangles with different edges as the bases of my gift tags.
3. Using my regular pair of scissors, I cut out three smaller cream colored rectangles and lined the top and bottom with washi tape. Next, I punched out little sakura on pink and purple paper.
4. I further punched a sakura out from each of the smaller tags and write down the message.
5. Using the foam stickers, I assembled my gift tags as shown, giving it various layers.
6. Here are my finished gift tags and my souvenirs from Japan, with love 🙂