As mentioned in my previous post, I wanted to make some felt strawberries for my daughter to play with and learn how to count at the same time. However, I have been lazy and been putting it off for quite some time now. Although these strawberries are a little time consuming to make, I immediately thought it was all worth it when I saw my daughter running around with her box of “strawberries” everywhere she goes. Not only does she attempt to count them, she has been trying to say the word “strawberries” too!
What You Need:
- Felt (red and green)
- Thread (red, green and white)
- Cut a piece of red felt as shown in diagram 1.
- Stitch white dots all over your the red felt.
- Fold the red felt in half and sew the sides together.
- Stitch around the edge of the strawberry.
- Fill your strawberry with cotton. Pull the loose end of the thread and tighten with knots. Trim off excess threads.
- Cut a small star with your green felt.
- Sew it onto the top of the strawberry.
- Repeat steps 1 – 7 and make as many strawberries as you wish.