It’s been a while since I played with Washi Tape. While randomly shopping in Central, I came across these plain styrofoam Christmas Trees and thought to myself how cute it would be to bind them with colorful Washi tape and turn them into Xmas Tree Ornaments. With a little bit of creativity, and fun, here’s how it all happened.
What You Need:
- Styrofoam Christmas Trees
- Ribbons / String
- Ice Pick or sharp object to thread the string with
- Colorful Washi Tape
- Glue stick
- Embellishments (optional)
What To Do:
1. Prepare all your materials in advance.
2. Using your colorful Washi Tape, wrap your styrofoam tree one layer at a time starting from the bottom using different color Washi Tape
3. Cut the edges so that they fold over evenly and nicely.
4. (Optional) You can glue sequence snowflakes onto your tree if you like to give it a more festive look.
5. Using your ice pick, poke a hole through the center top of the tree and gently thread your ribbon / string through.
6. Voila – there you have it. Repeat steps 1-4 for the rest of your styrofoam trees and you’re all set!