When you go to a Chinese restaurant, they will often serve you a couple of small dishes before you place your order. You will most often find some sort of nuts or pickled vegetables. However, Peking Garden offers something slightly different and it is one of my husband’s favorite. Here’s the quick and easy recipe:
What You Need:
- 1 packet snap beans （玉豆）
- 3 steamed bean curd rolls （素雞）
- Peanuts for frying
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium cucumbers
What To Do:
- Wash and dice the snap beans and boil the beans for 4 – 5 minutes and set aside.
- Dice the steamed bean curd rolls and boil it for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Dice the cucumber and set aside.
- Fried the peanuts in warm oil until it turns brown. Mix it with the snap beans, bean curd and cucumber. Add Salt and sesame oil to taste.